Have you noticed some food gone missing of late, while tiny chew marks are appearing on food product packaging? Are you hearing scratching, scurrying noises at night? Or perhaps, you’ve even spotted a culprit or two skipping past you on the way to the kitchen during the evening hours?
Mice are true pests, carrying harmful diseases, leaving behind trails of feces and urine, and scampering around with threatening looks on their furry little faces as they systematically try to drive you out of your own home. They definitely have to go. But how? Catching or killing mice requires reliable traps, irresistible bait, persistence, and ingenuity – read on to learn how to catch that mouse!
When it comes to mouse traps, you’ll find that the store is full of all manner of contraptions claiming to be the best. And there are also a seemingly endless number of DIY mouse traps you can read about online.
Many of these traps, of course, work quite well. And some work better than others. And certain traps work better in one situation as opposed to another or with one mouse as opposed to his more intrepid, cheese-stealing brother.
Additionally, even when both traps work, some people prefer a live-catch or more humane trap, while others are intent on killing mice instead of going the catch and release route. Read on to find guidance in working your way through this “mouse maze” of options so you can find the trap that works best for you!
There are a multitude of mouse traps that can successfully de-mouse your premises, some of them available in stores and others that you can build yourself at home.
A homemade mouse trap can save you a lot of money if you have to catch a lot of mice and need numerous traps. The materials are usually all free or very, very cheap. Plus, you get to “recycle and reuse, ” two of the three elements of “greener” product consumption habits.
Finally, making your own mouse traps at home will be a fun, creative learning experience for the whole family. Keep reading to find out how to make a variety of different homemade mouse traps that really work!
Do you need an effective yet humane trap that will eliminate mice from your house without necessarily killing them? While the rodent’s infestation can be annoying, it’s critical to use traps that will cause the least pain and suffering in your extermination efforts. Animal rights activists have been very vocal in condemning the use of methods that are considered unfair to the mice. This article will explicitly outline the best humane methods to drive away mice from your house as well as how to realize their full benefits. You will also learn the best stores where you can procure top-notch traps at relatively affordable prices.
Mice can be an incredible nuisance when they get into your home, but you don’t have to have rodents in the house to have a problem. The fact is that your infestation can begin when you start to see a lot of mice around your home or at access points to your garage, attic, or basement. If you don’t act quickly, you could end up having to set traps inside your home, or worse, hiring an exterminator to handle a serious problem for you.
Take appropriate action and use mouse traps designed for the outside of your home to safeguard your house. Catching mice before they make it into your home is always the best bet for staying pest free.
Many people are concerned of how to get rid of mice. No wonder, neighborhood with mice is not only unpleasant, it causes much damage to your household and may threaten your family’s health. Mice can do such outrageous things as gnaw your provision and bed linen, make nests in the wardrobe and become impudent enough to run about your dwelling in your presence, practically at your feet, not mentioning the unpleasant smell they cause and more than 20 diseases that mice can transmit. That’s why if mice invaded your home, your fortress, it high time you found out how to get rid of mice quickly and efficiently.
Attention! Mice: How to Get Rid of Rodents?
- Mice can invade any premises: a garage, a basement, a balcony and even a house or an apartment where you permanently live. If mice infested your dwelling, you need to pay close attention to its cleanness. Vacuum and wash the floors oftener. Don’t leave crumbs of food on the floor, as remains of food attract rodents. Make sure you blocked all the crevices and holes. Mice are able to flatten their bodies so that they can squeeze themselves even through very narrow cracks if they know food and warmth are waiting for them.
How to get rid mice quickly? After you have eliminated all the possible entrances for mice to your dwelling and made a rule to clean regularly, you need to set mice traps or apply special baits. Traps differ: some kill rodents, while others are no kill traps. Which one is better is hard to say. If you feel pity for animals, you will, probably, opt for a no kill trap. Then you will need to wonder what to do with a mouse, you’ve caught. Some people even put it to a glass jar and make it a pet. A trap for mice is a traditional way of catching mice, however, imagine: “contemporary” mice have developed enough intelligence to eat cheese and escape!
- Adhesive compositions which make mice stick to them have proved quite a good record. Adhesive products against mice include special glues or cardboards with sticky surface.
- One of the safest and effective remedies against undesirable rodents is an ultrasound device that scares mice away with sound. The ultra sound waves it radiates are extremely annoying for the rodents and they have no other way but look for another shelter. 1-2 days of this device application and mice are gone! And forget of all this horror, like dead mice in the traps, mice bodies stuck to glued surfaces or various toxic poisonous substances.
- The most famous way of fighting with mice is, probably, a cat. People’s reviews about application of this method are varied. Some report that only a cat helps them to make mice shy away from their home, while others remark that mice have become bold enough to, literally, make friends with a cat, like in the popular cartoon “Tom and Jerry”! Anyway, you can lend a cat from your friends or neighbors and see if this is going to work or not.
- One of the natural remedies against mice is usage of repellents. Try to burn a scrap of wool or woolen yarn and fumigate your home with the smoke. Mice should retreat. Another pleasant for humans yet disgusting for rodents remedy is peppermint smell. It’s an excellent natural repellent. You may apply peppermint oil and plant peppermint plants near your house.
- An inventive and funny way of catching mice involves a pail with water and a metallic ruler. Put a pail with water under a shelf. Put a short ruler on the shelf’s edge so that it’s opposite side is above the pail. Put bait at the ruler’s end. A mouse will run for a bait and fall into the pail with water together with a ruler. The rodent will swim for a while and choke with water.
To sum up, searching for the best way of how to get rid of mice, you should start testing one of the methods, mentioned above that seems the most appealing to you personally. Surprisingly or not, mice differ. Some people fix a problem with just a cat, others prefer adhesive products and someone is too horrified to deal with mice and prefer to resort to professional exterminators. Through a secure way of experiments you will definitely find the best way to oust these unwanted guests from your territory.