Top 9 Best Pet Safe Ant Killer Products to Try!
Getting rid of ants permanently can be very complicated for most homeowners. You may destroy a trail, only to find that a new one has formed just hours later.
Use tested products to kill ants. The best and most effective way of eradicating them is by targeting their colony.
The Best Pet Safe Ant Killer Products in 2023 Comparison Chart
|TERRO T300B Liquid Ant Bait Stations|
|Advion Ant Gel Bait|
|Optigard Ant Bait Gel by Syngenta|
The Best Ant Sprays:
Our #1 Rated
|Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter with Comfort Wand|
|EcoSMART Organic Home Pest Control Ant & Roach Killer Spray|
|ECO Defense Home Pest Control Spray for Indoor & Outdoor Use|
|Talstar Professional Pest Control Insecticide|
|Orange Guard 101 Home Pest Control Spray|
|AMDRO Quick Kill Ready-to-Spray - Outdoor Ant Killer|
What is the Best Pet Safe Ant Killer in 2023? – Your Expert Buyer’s Guide
Are you tired of cleaning the mess left by ants in your home? Here is a simple and practical guide to eliminating them entirely and safely. Besides being a real nuisance to your home, they also farm garden pests such as soft scales and aphids. An ant infestation can, therefore, be irritating, and it becomes almost impossible for a homeowner to deal with stubborn insects. So, how can you safely get rid of ants? In this write-up are tested ways and products that can effectively help solve your problem. Learn about pet safe ant killers that can help control your situation more effectively.
Top 3 Ant Killers Reviewed
Are you looking for an effective way of eliminating ants in your home and the best pet safe ant killer to use? After much research, some products stand out more than others. And the winner is TERRO T300B Liquid Ant Bait Stations.
1. TERRO Ant Bait Stations – The Best Pet Safe Indoor Ant Killer (Editor’s Choice)
Terro ant killer can be placed anywhere. It is a sweet bait that ants take and carry to their colonies, and this causes them to die within hours. Terro is a slow-acting poison designed to destroy an entire colony and has excellent user reviews for effectiveness.
TERRO T300B is the perfect solution to your common household ant problem. It’s a powerful ant killer that contains 5.4% Borax, which is deadly to ants. But not to worry – it’s perfectly safe for humans and pets.
Moreover, the stations are ready to use right out of the box, so you don’t have to worry about any complicated setup procedures. Just place the bait stations near areas where you’ve seen ant activity, and let the worker ants do the rest. They’ll share the bait with the rest of the colony, eliminating them all.
Don’t let ants ruin your summer – pick up a pack of TERRO T300B today.
How Does It Work
TERRO T300B Liquid Ant Bait Stations work by using a liquid bait laced with a slow-acting poison. The ants will carry the bait back to their nest, where it will eventually kill the queen and the rest of the colony.
How Safe is Terro Ant Killer Around Pets?
Terro is a highly recommended liquid ant bait. It is a food-based product, sweet like pancake syrup, combined with borax.
It is designed to kill ants on contact and protect your residence with residual control for about two months. Worker ants are allowed to consume the liquid and survive long enough to carry the product to their colony. The slow kill gives time for the ants to make many trips to the bait. Keep off all other food products from the temptation to ensure the ants only feed on the liquid bait.
This review of the best ant traps will provide you with more information and enable you to make an informed choice.
I was having some trouble with ants in my house, so I researched the best way to get rid of them. It seemed like most people were recommending Terro, so I decided to give it a try.
I started by putting a little sugar and boric acid mix on the floor to see if “my” ants were after sweets or fat and where the trail led to. Once I figured that out, I placed the bait close to their entry point.
The ants went crazy for the Terro! They swarmed it for about 5 days before it seemed like there were fewer and fewer of them. After about 2 weeks, they were all gone.
- Kills ants quickly and effectively.
- Safe for humans and pets.
- No complicated setup procedures.
- Economical price.
- The bait stations don’t kill the ants instantly, so it may take some time for them to die.
- They can be a bit messy, so make sure you’re prepared for that before using them.
2. Advion Ant Gel – The Best Ant-Killing Product for an Entire Colony
Look no further than Advion Ant Gel Bait! This powerful gel bait contains a small percentage of indoxacarb’s active ingredient, making it safe for pets and children. Yet it’s still highly effective at eliminating the colony in a short period.
Plus, it’s desirable to all major species of ants, including Pharaoh ants, carpenter ants, and Argentine ants. So no matter what kind of ant problem, Advion can help solve it.
Advion has a solid reputation and outstanding user reviews as one of the best products for eliminating ants while protecting your pets.
How Does It Work
Advion Ant Gel Bait is a professional-grade product that uses a unique formula to attract and kill ants. The ants will eat the bait and then take it back to the nest, where it will kill the queen and the rest of the colony.
The Advion Ant Gel Bait is pet-safe and can be used around children and pets.
How to Use
- Advion Ant Gel Bait can be used indoors to control ants.
- It is important to read and follow the product label instructions carefully.
- Homeowners should place the bait in areas where ants are present and where they have been seen traveling.
- The gel should be placed on surfaces such as countertops, near doorways and windows, or in other high-traffic areas.
- If using indoors, homeowners should avoid placing bait near food or water sources.
- Ants will feed on the bait and take it back to the nest, where Advion will kill the queen and the rest of the colony.
- Highly effective at eliminating colonies quickly.
- Safe for pets and children.
- Designed to be desirable to all major species of ants.
- Feel confident taking care of your ant problem quickly and easily.
- The gel bait is not waterproof, so it cannot be used outdoors.
- The bait can be eaten by other insects, such as roaches, and will not kill them.
3. Syngenta Optigard Ant Bait Gel – The Best Pet Safe Ant Bait for Indoor and Outdoor Use
Optigard is a powerhouse product that comes in a gel form and is designed to attract and kill sweet-feeding ants. Ants are allowed to feed on the poison and given enough time to carry the bait to the rest of the colony, where the nest is eventually destroyed.
Thiamethoxam’s active ingredient is a potent poison that quickly eliminates the entire colony. And the best part is that Optigard, with its high moisture retention properties, will remain attractive for weeks after application. It’s ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
How to Use
- Optigard Ant Bait Gel can control ant populations indoors or outdoors.
- When using indoors, place the gel near ant trails or nests.
- When using outdoors, place the gel near ant trails or nests and in areas where ants are known to forage.
- The gel should be placed in a secure location where children and pets cannot access it.
- It is important to read and follow all label instructions before using this product.
- Kills ants quickly and efficiently.
- Can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Remains attractive to ants for weeks after deployment.
- Feel satisfaction in knowing your home is ant free.
- May be harmful to pets and children if ingested.
- The gel may not be as attractive to ants over time.
The Best Ant Sprays Reviewed
Summer is always an annoying season for most homeowners because this is when they have to deal with the irritating presence of ants. In case you experience this, only use a non-toxic and pet-safe ant killer around your compound. So, what ant spray should you use in your home with the certainty that your pets are safe?
4. Ortho Home Defense
You can use this pet-safe ant spray to kill the pests quickly. After killing the ants, it then creates a protective barrier to keep ants away for up to a year. It does not stain, is odorless, and is pet-safe once it has dried. It is, therefore, necessary to keep pets away until the solution has dried.
5. EcoSMART Organic Ant Killer
EcoSMART is a 100 percent organic insecticide, safe to use around pets. It is made from a blend of organic plant oils and kills ants quickly without leaving any harmful residue or synthetic toxins.
6. ECO Defense Pest Control Spray
Eco Defense is an organic pet-safe spray made with natural and safe ingredients. It is easy to use and gives quick results. Eco Defense natural spray repels ants without leaving harmful fumes or chemicals and can be used in any part of the home as often as needed.
7. Talstar Professional Insecticide
Talstar ant spray is highly effective against ants and can be used indoors and outdoors, widely employed by pest control experts. It is a proven pet-safe ant killer with no smells or stains, is non-toxic, and has no chemicals.
8. Orange Guard Spray
Orange Guard formula can be safely used around pets and is designed indoors and outdoors to kill and repel visible and hidden ants. When applied along a home’s perimeter, it acts as a protective barrier. The formula took 14 years to undergo thorough testing and certification to ensure it is safe for pets and children. The orange peels used to leave a fresh orange scent behind.
9. AMDRO – The Best Outdoor Ant Killer
AMDRO Concentrate kills and repels ants outside before they come inside. It has 0.35% Zeta-Cypermethrin as an active ingredient. You can use AMDRO spray in landscaped areas, lawns, or your home’s perimeter. AMDRO kills 25 species of ants.
Safe Ways of Killing Ants
It could be a horrible situation to find ants swarming your open bowl of sugar the moment you open your cabinets, and this could prompt you to use strong chemicals to take the annoying pests all out as fast as possible. Avoid products that need you to keep a hotline number for emergency assistance. Also, understand that the chemicals could be harmful to your pet.
Today, there are many ways of destroying ants entirely safely and responsibly.
The most proven is the use of natural products, including:
- A mix of dish soap and water: fill a bottle with water and thoroughly mix it with dish soap. Look for a trail of ants and spray the pet safe ant killer over them. It will immediately suffocate them. Soapy water is a natural insecticide.
- Locate the source of the ants: if you notice ants in your kitchen wildly ants, follow their trail. The ants, for instance, form a mound in the yard and try to find their way to food scents. Locating the source gives you quick solutions to getting rid of ants in a way that won’t harm your pet. Use caulk to seal the entrances the ants are using to get into your home and steer clear of the fact that they are small and can fit into almost any opening. Then, apply weather stripping to the doors. In your kitchen, you should store food and trash in tightly-sealed containers. And it would help if you trimmed vegetation back and should remove furniture and debris sitting in the compound.
- White vinegar or lemon juice: ants are quickly repelled by vinegar and the acidic scent of lemon juice. Using a solution of vinegar and water makes it less likely for ants to crawl into the surface. The solution can act as a deterrent when spraying around doorways, countertops, windowsills, and the entire home. Alternatively, lemon juice can be an excellent solution. Ants are averse to citric acid.
- Baking Soda: by mixing sugar and baking soda in a ratio of 1:1, you can quickly exterminate ants. They are attracted to the solution by the sugar, while the baking soda is meant to kill them.
Ant Killer Safe for Cats
There are great ways of keeping ants off your property without using harsh products that could potentially harm your cat.
Baiting ants, for example, is a control method that encourages worker ants to feed the entire colony.
- Boric acid, when mixed with sugar, is a proven method used to kill ants. It comes at the cost of around 7 dollars. You should place the balls made from sugar and boric acid solution at all entry points and crawling areas. Boric acid poisons the ants’ stomachs causing them to die. The acid also destroys their exoskeleton. Also, you could sprinkle the acid around their nests to kill ants that come crawling out instantly.
- Black pepper is a nonpoisonous product that can also be used to eliminate ants. It should be sprinkled along a trail of ants, in the cabinets, windowsills, and around your property.
- Diatomaceous earth: this is an effective pet safe ant killer, composed of fossilized diatoms. 10 LB costs around 29.99 dollars. Once ants crawl over it, their outer coating is scratched by the fossil shards leading to the drying out of their bodies. This is achieved by sprinkling the powder along the ant trails and in mounds.
- Corn Meal: ants are quick to feed on corn meal, unaware of the fact that it is hard to digest. Once carried to their colonies, the corn meal explodes in their bodies.
Ant Hill Killers
Ants are the most common insects found in backyards. They are beneficial in that they take out dead bugs as well as organic waste, but they are also known to cause problems. Some can bite or sting, and others can attack plants.
Below are effective ant hill killers:
- Hot water spray: Hot water is known to kill ants fast when poured on an anthill. When extremely hot, the water is so lethal that it can eliminate the whole colony in your backyard.
- Soap Spray: liquid dish detergent can be mixed with water to form a potent spray safe enough to protect your pet and kill ants in a mound. A concentration of about five tablespoons of the soap detergent in a water gallon could work perfectly.
- White Vinegar: White vinegar is a pet-friendly way of eliminating ants in a mound. It disrupts the scent trail, kills the ants fast, and exterminates them permanently. Destroying their breeding ground, which is the anthill, is the only way to be sure they will not reproduce anymore. The natural acidity found in vinegar is enough to kill ants.
There are different pesticides available, but what you find may not be a pet safe ant killer. This makes it necessary to learn more about non-poisonous methods, such as using a homemade ant killer.
As spring arrives, so do ants. Ants are pesky little creatures that can quickly take over your home if you’re not careful. And as any pet owner knows, when it comes to trying to get rid of ants, the stakes are high. If you accidentally use a harmful product on your pets, you could risk their lives.
So before you start spraying and bombing every ant hill in sight, read on for some top-rated pet safe ant killers that will help get the job done without harming your furry friends.
As you can see, there are several different pet safe ant killers on the market that will help get rid of your pesky little ants. I’ve highlighted some of the best and most effective options. Each product has its benefits and drawbacks, so be sure to try one of them out!
Table of Contents
- The Best Pet Safe Ant Killer Products in 2023 Comparison Chart
- What is the Best Pet Safe Ant Killer in 2023? – Your Expert Buyer’s Guide
- Top 3 Ant Killers Reviewed
- The Best Ant Sprays Reviewed
- Safe Ways of Killing Ants
- Ant Hill Killers
You can find further details of Ants Control here.
Thank you for the info regarding Pet Safe Products. The problem that I have is apparently a great place for ants and maybe the property was not treated when the built the house. Need something that I can place about a 2 to 3, maybe 4′ perimeter about the house to support the outside activity. Inside the house, already using one of the products you mention. But many multiple avenues of the pests about year. Appreciate the feedback and support