How to Repel Annoying Squirrels Humanely Fast and Effectively
Here are the 7 best squirrel repellent products on Amazon according to homeowners who have tried it themselves!
Top 7 Best Squirrel Repellent Products in 2021 Comparison Chart
Our Top Pick
Squirrels are cute, but they can be a nuisance. They eat your plants and dig up your garden.
You don’t want to kill or hurt them, but you also don’t want them in your yard. It’s hard to find the right squirrel repellent product that works for you without harming the animals too much.
I’ve done all the research for you so that you can spend less time looking and more time enjoying it! The best way to prevent this kind of destruction is by using a good quality repellent product. But which one should you choose? Below you’ll find reviews for seven different products that homeowners love!
Top 7 Best Squirrel Repellent Products Reviewed
After much research, some products stand out more than others. And the winner is I Must Garden Squirrel Repellent.
1. – Best Non-Chemical Squirrel Repellent Spray (Editor’s Choice)
I am a very proud owner of I Must Garden Squirrel Repellent. As someone who loves to garden, I found that it was hard to enjoy the benefits of my yard because of all the squirrels that would come and eat everything in sight! Now, thanks to this product, I can rest assured knowing that they will stay away from my gardens and trees!
This repellent is a perfect option to get rid of squirrels in your garden. It is an all-natural formula with proprietary blended botanical oils that repel by smell and taste for maximum effectiveness against those pesky critters!
- 1.25% Garlic
- 0.94% Castor Oil
- 0.47% Lemongrass Oil
- 0.31% White Pepper
- 0.23% Clove Oil
- 0.23% Cedarwood Oil
The product doesn’t harm the environment and doesn’t feature unpleasant scents, like in the case with most commercial products on today’s market. You can buy a spray of 1 gal or 32oz. I Must Garden is made in America, as well, which is great since you know your money is going to a good cause.
Use it when pests are digging flower beds or pots. When squirrels are chewing and eating, use a liquid ready-to-use formula to stop animals from ruining your outdoor furniture, siding, hoses, plants, and trees.
- Keep your plants safe from squirrels.
- Keep your yard looking beautiful without the pesky critters hanging around.
- Enjoy being in your own backyard again!.
- Natural ingredients safe for people, pets, and the environment.
- Contains powerful ingredients that prevent squirrels from chewing & gnawing on wires, plants, outdoor furniture, and more.
- No chemical or toxic odors.
- If you are looking for a product to keep them out of your home altogether, this is not the one. This product is designed solely to protect your yard from their chewing habits!
2. – Best Outdoor Squirrel Repellent for Garden
Enoz No Zone has been scientifically tested and proven to be the most effective animal repellent station for your garden.
The active ingredient in Enoz No Zone is naphthalene, a common chemical found in mothballs. This chemical has been proven to repel animals by attacking their sense of smell, making it uncomfortable for them to stay near or inside your home.
The station’s container will last up to 3 months after a single refill and can be placed anywhere desired within 10 yards from where you want pest control – no need for an outlet! Enoz No Zone Animal Repellents are easy-to-use, convenient, and affordable.
- Protects your garden and flowerbeds from animals.
- Keeps pesky critters away from you and your family.
- Lasts for up to 3 months after a single refill.
3. – Best Squirrel Repellent For Attic (People’s Choice)
Who hasn’t heard of it? DIAOTEC’s Squirrel Ultrasonic Repeller is a humane and safe way to keep squirrels away from your home. The device can cover an area of nearly 5,000 square feet. That’s a huge territory, which means that the DIAOTEC shouldn’t be near the pest to deter it. It can be far away and till repel.
How does it work? It uses ultrasonic sound waves to repel the animals without causing any harm.
The repellent emits a powerful sound wave frequency of 25-65KHz, with an acoustic pressure level of 90dB at 360 degrees that is very irritating to those animals that hear it.
DIAOTEC’s product is perfect for homeowners who want an effective solution but don’t want to harm their beloved squirrels.
The basic features are the following:
- No batteries to replace.
- Safe for bob-rodent pets.
- Effective work on the area of about 5,000 sq ft.
- Small size which makes it perfect for your attic, garage, office, room or basement.
- Frequency range of 25KHz-65KHz.
- The use of a standard AC plug outlet.
- A long cord that makes extension lead unnecessary.
- Keep your home safe from rodents and insects.
- Save money by reducing your need to buy pest control products.
4. – Best Squirrel Repellent for Cars Ready-to-Use Spray
The Mighty Mint Rodent Vehicle Protection Spray is a natural, non-toxic spray that helps keep rodents away from your car. The active ingredient in this product is 4% peppermint oil, which is effective at keeping rodents out of homes and gardens.
It’s safe for pets and family members (both indoors and outdoors), so you can use it without worry. This product is also made in the USA!
- Protects the car from rodent chewing.
- Smells great.
- Keep rodents out of your car and away from your family!
- It is extra concentrated for long-lasting protection.
BONIDE Repellent Granules are an eco-friendly, organic way to keep your yard animal-free. The contents of the granules are biodegradable and made up of three ingredients: 1.12% Putrescent whole egg solids, 0.54% Cloves, and 0.03% Garlic oil. These granules can last up to two months and will not harm any animals should they eat them as opposed to other methods such as mothballs which could be hazardous if eaten by an animal or even a human for that matter!
The benefits of BONIDE Repels-All Granules far outweigh those of their counterparts in both effectiveness and safety meaning these should be your go-to for keeping squirrels away!
- Biodegradable and eco-friendly.
- Lasts 2 months.
- Keep your yard animal-free!
- The smell can be overpowering.
- It’s not the most aesthetically pleasing thing in the world to look at.
Another popular solution is Hoont Jet Blaster. It is a well-known motion-activated sprinkler device, which is equipped with a powerful PIR sensor is a special infrared sensor the task of which is to detect the presence of squirrels, approaching. If there is an animal, the device unleashes a burst of water, startling the pest and making it run away.
All you should do is attach the unit to the water supply and place it along the path, where animals like traveling. The device will become a perfect squirrel repellent, deterring not only squirrels but also raccoons, deer, or skunks, if there are any on your property.
The Hoont sprinkler covers up to 650 square feet of space with water jets that can be adjusted according to the needs of each property, a 24/7 animal detection unit for maximum protection, and a 100% harmless design that won’t scare away any wild animals or pets on your property.
- Keep your garden safe from squirrels.
- Protect your plants, fruit trees, and flowers.
- Your garden will be free of pesky animals.
Safer Brand Ready-to-Use Spray is one of the most popular squirrel repellents that contain a patented formula that consists of Capsaicin, Pepper, and Piperine.
When combined, all the ingredients can impact the pest’s sense of smell and taste, thus producing an effect that is similar to that of red-hot jalapeno pepper.
The solution can be freely applied to plants and shrubs, as well as other infested areas. Its use creates a special squirrel-deterring perimeter around the area.
If you are interested in optimal results, you can try out Critter Ridder Animal Repellent Granules. It is better because this is a combination of both products for optimal protection.
- Long-lasting formula provides 30 days of protection.
- Dual-action protection works great on both smells (made from 100% natural ingredients) and taste buds (from peppers which are hot to mammals).
- With 5 pounds shaker container you can cover up to 300 sq ft.
What is the Best Squirrel Repellent Products in 2021? – Your Expert Buyer’s Guide
Many deterrents can be used during the process of squirrel elimination. They can be natural and commercial, in granules or spray forms, expensive and cheap. But what interests everyone is whether they work or not.
Being a non-professional, you cannot answer this question at once. To make a final decision you should judge by results, ingredients, etc. However, this may take too much time that you usually do not have. This is why we’ve decided to help you out.
Repelling Squirrels Is Easy!
Many won’t agree with this statement, but it is true. The only recommendation is to be well-armed with the basic squirrel repellent info and effective sprays, powders and so on.
To begin with, we’ve decided to give you a piece of advice:
- When do repellents work best? When the infestation is low in number and the pests do not cause any widespread or serious damage.
- Can you use them on plants? Certain products can be used on plants and the surrounding locations, giving the animals access to other food sources. This is helpful in the process of modifying pests’ behavior by feeding on important plants and leading them to get used to less important ones.
- Do repellents solve all problems? No, they don’t, and this is why their use is always combined with some other solutions, like trapping, for example.
- Is there any chance to wash them away? Yes, make sure you reapply them after rain to maintain a high level of efficiency of a ground squirrel repellent.
Do many people keep asking how to keep squirrels away? You can use the most reliable products like I Must Garden Ready-to-Use Spray or Hoont Jet Blaster Motion-Activated Sprinkler.
Can Natural Repellents Bring Any Results?
They say that there is no need to use different harsh chemicals to keep pests at bay. Why not choose organic squirrel repellents to keep animals from coming into your garden or house?
There are several effective options you could choose from. Among them are the following:
- Garlic and pepper.
They both are great solutions, only must be re-sprayed after rain. Just mix mashed garlic cloves in water and vinegar and then pour into a spray bottle.
- Hot peppers and chili peppers.
Grind these products and sprinkle them throughout the garden to deter pests. Place the solution in bird feeders and some other areas where you’ve seen the rodents. They will eat spicy products and won’t return to the same area again.
- Predator urine.
It may be the ingredient of a commercial product or can be quite effectively used alone. It is sold in a pellet form and is available in garden supply centers as well as most wilderness stores. These natural predators may include bobcats, coyotes, and foxes to help you in the process of how to get rid of squirrels in the yard. Just sprinkle pellets around the lawn and garden and be sure that you will deter pests from coming to your property.
How to Use Electronic Repellents to Get Rid of Squirrels?
Lately, there has appeared a quite new approach in how to control squirrels. This is the use of electronic devices that employ different forms of technology to set you free from any troubles connected with a squirrel infestation.
How do ultrasonic squirrel repellents work? They use electromagnetic waves, ultrasonic and sonic waves, as well as UV (ultraviolet) rays for discouraging pests. In addition, many special control machines scare away even large animals.
If you choose ultrasonic technology, you choose a squirrel repellent sound. These animals hear the sound waves, which are always above the human sensory range. And this is why this solution is quite effectively used in repelling these pests.
The average price depends on the brand. For example:
- DIAOTEC Squirrel Ultrasonic Repeller costs about $40 at Amazon.
- Victor Heavy Duty PestChaser is priced at $40.
- P3 International Ultrasonic Pest Repeller – $30.
- PestControl Ultrasonic 600 – $26.
- Pv800 Electronic Pest Control -$8.
- Electromagnetic and Ultrasonic Pest Repeller – $34.
Any of these units can be bought from Amazon, Walmart, or Home Depot stores.
Are Squirrel Repellent Sprays Effective?
Today several effective spray products are considered to be the most effective. They all can be bought at Amazon from $12 to $69. The variants vary from bad-smelling to bad-tasting products. They should be sprayed, sprinkled, or spread on the soil, plants, and feeders.
Others should be dusted in bulbs before dusting.
Sprays are the most frequently used solutions as they are cheap and easy to use. However, not all of them promise the best results. Besides, to control squirrels they should be re-applied after rain or once per month.
Generally speaking, it is up to you to decide, which type of repellent to use. If you see that the problem is minor, try any spray a repellent. However, when the infestation is serious, take a chance to combine several options at once for a better result. Weigh down all pros and cons and choose the solution that suits all your needs best.
If neither of them seems to be efficient, call a professional squirrel extermination service. They’ll know what to do.
Best Squirrel Deterrent for Your Garden to Keep These Troublesome Animals Away
Squirrels are cute, but they can be a nuisance. They chew on your plants and dig up your yard. If someone says that it isn’t much you can do about squirrels in your garden or house, he is wrong. There are many ways to go! There’s no need to worry about squirrels when you have the best squirrel deterrent around!
It’s time to get rid of those pesky squirrels once and for all with our natural solution that will keep them away from your property without harming them or damaging any of the greenery in your yard. If you are sick and tired of being so helpless, learn the options we suggest.
Read what we suggest. Use simple methods and easy tricks. See how easy it can be.
How to Deter a Troublesome Squirrel Once and for All?
Deterring squirrels has never been a task of one day. The aim is accomplished in time, after several tryings and patience, of course.
Let’s focus on the easiest ways you could go:
- Chicken wire. Most gardeners are so willing to protect the plants that they dig out the planting bed and line it with chicken wire, wrapping it up the sides as well as over the bed’s top. Such constructions leave no place for squirrels to go through.
- Aluminum flashing. It’s not a secret that these nasty animals like tree bark. To keep them away from trees wrap a wide aluminum flashing (60 cm) around the tree trunk’s base for preventing them from shredding the bark.
What Will Keep Squirrels Away From Bird Feeders?
As we have already mentioned, squirrels like feeding on bird feeders and ruining them. So what measures should be taken to minimize the impact of pests around and on the area?
Here are the best squirrel deterrent bird feeders:
- Creating a gap between the places that squirrels can jump from and feeders.
- Using grease on the pole like Vaseline.
- Using a lubricant: if the birdfeeder is on a pole, use WD-40 and pests won’t climb it.
- Refusing from plastic feeders: most critters chew through them quickly and only metal variants are should be placed in your garden.
- Using squirrel-proof bird feeders: they have special cone-shaped covers so that animals won’t slide down the wire to reach the food. Besides, many types of feeders spin and throw the pests away.
Today there are special bird feeders with electronic deterrence.
They have a top, a bottom, a reservoir, a swiveling hanger, and an opening. Besides, it includes a correction circuit for administering electroshock to a pest.
You can also use the guards – baffles. These are angled cones that make climbing difficult. They are usually produced from plastic and are set a distance away from the feeding area and perches. Some popular models feature a boobie trap mechanism that collapses and the pest’s weight while it is trying to reach food. Such baffles deter squirrels from scaring away birds and eating seeds.
Start Deterring Squirrels TODAY!
When these pests are in your garden, get ready for multiple squirrels in your house, damage, noise, and smell they bring with them. The best way to prevent the problem is to treat it as soon as you notice the first signs of infestation.
Use our helpful tips. Combine deterrent options to ensure fast and long-lasting results. Choose the way and start acting right now to cut off all possible risks! Show those squirrels who the boss is!
Questions & Answers
Yes. It is effective at keeping rodents out of homes and gardens. It's safe for pets and family members (both indoors and outdoors), so you can use it without worry.
No, white vinegar does not repel squirrels. White vinegar is primarily used to clean the home, where it also has a disinfectant quality because of its acidity. It works best for household plants. If you have a squirrel infestation in your garden or other areas outdoors, you would need to use something else for pest prevention purposes.
Yes, after it rains, you should reapply the natural repellents.
The rain is likely to wash off some of the products from your yard. Natural products are intended to be used over time, so it's safe to use them again after a rainstorm. In addition, rain is beneficial because it allows for additional scent dispersion that may come with some organic or natural brands. It also helps break down any mulch and spread ground-covering plant material around the property while doing water bills savings by increasing runoff rates and improving drainage on concrete and other hard surfaces exposed to direct rainfall (increasing permeability). A bit of added exercise can go a long way!
Homeowners are always looking for ways to keep their yard animal-free.
There are a lot of options out there, but many homeowners don’t know which one is best for them. Some of these products use harsh chemicals that can be hazardous to humans and animals alike. Other products don’t even work!
The truth is that there’s no need to worry about which product will best suit your needs because I Must Garden Squirrel Repellent is the ultimate solution for keeping squirrels away from your garden, attic, and car with its organic ingredients.
This product does not contain any harsh chemicals or harmful substances so you can feel confident in using it around children and pets without worrying about potential harm coming to them.
Be sure to check out our review on this product to see why we love it!
- Protect your yard from squirrels and other small animals.
- Keep rodents away from your garden, attic, and car.
- Repel pesky critters without hurting them.
If you have any questions about these repellents, please feel free to leave a comment below. We’re always happy to help our readers in any way we can.
Table of Contents
- Top 7 Best Squirrel Repellent Products in 2021 Comparison Chart
- Top 7 Best Squirrel Repellent Products Reviewed
- 1. I Must Garden Squirrel Repellent – Best Non-Chemical Squirrel Repellent Spray (Editor’s Choice)
- 2. Enoz No Zone Animal Repellent Stations – Best Outdoor Squirrel Repellent for Garden
- 3. DIAOTEC Squirrel Ultrasonic Repellent – Best Squirrel Repellent For Attic (People’s Choice)
- 4. Mighty Mint Rodent Vehicle Protection Spray – Best Squirrel Repellent for Cars Ready-to-Use Spray
- 5. BONIDE Repels-All Animal Repellent Granules
- 6. Hoont Motion Activated Jet Blaster Sprinkler
- 7. Safer Brand Critter Ridder Animal Repellent Ready-to-Use Spray
- What is the Best Squirrel Repellent Products in 2021? – Your Expert Buyer’s Guide
- Repelling Squirrels Is Easy!
- Best Squirrel Deterrent for Your Garden to Keep These Troublesome Animals Away
- Questions & Answers
You can find further details of Squirrels Control here.