Do you share your house with spiders? Are you tired of crawling, frightening pests? Then you really need to act now!
Imagine, you look around and there is no dangerous spider lurking in the corner of your house. This is not a dream! Everything is possible if you have the right and necessary products.
Ready to crack your spiders’ problem?
Read this article that will provide important information on spiders’ repellents. How to choose the best products, how to make the best spiders repellents without using harmful pesticides, how to eliminate spiders with electronic repellents and even more are all those important questions to which you will surely find the answers right now.
Spider pest control: best tips and products
Did you notice spiders outdoors? Do you think they don’t find the way to get in the house? Then you are wrong.
If it is getting cold outside, the spiders will come to the house through cracks and under doors to those areas where they can feel better from the outside cold. Moreover, in warm weather, they will also come into your house to seek a colder location to reside.
Therefore, you need to give special consideration to outdoor spider control.
The best tips to eliminate spiders are to focus on their prevention and apply concentrated pesticides and useful pest control products.
To eliminate spiders do such things:
- Keep your porch lights off. Porches attract bugs and moths that like to fly into the light.
- Get rid of crevices and nooks.
- Repell outdoor spiders with eucalyptus sprigs. Strong smelling species sprinkled around the perimeter will chase them away.
- Make a spider repellent. Regular table salt, water and spray bottle are all those things you need to make this natural repellent.
Dissolve the salt in water and spray the bushes, flowers and any needed part outside the house with this salt solution.
The process should be repeated weekly to prevent spiders from coming.
- Use lavender, citronella, cinnamon, citrus, peppermint or tea tree oil. Only one drop of any of these useful herbs mixed with water will be effective for killing spiders.
When it comes to spider treatment, it is important to use sprays not only in those areas where spiders are seen but also in locations populated by certain insects which are spider’s food source.
You will quicker discourage spiders from staying in your location if you limit their food source.
Perhaps, you don’t want to risk the health of your children and pets using dangerous pesticides. There are different tools and products available on the market. So, it’s up to you what to choose.
Below there are some effective products that will help you to eliminate eight-legged lodgers:
- Spider repellents. This product can be used not only indoors but outdoors as well.
If you need outdoor spider repellent, you can easily buy it in lots of pest control shops. Repellents add poison to plants, so when the spider comes close to this plant, it gets poisoned and dies.
If you don’t want to harm the plants, you can choose natural repellents with chestnut extract. Spider’s feet are their noses. These crawling pests really dislike the smell produced by these repellents and will avoid unpleasant locations.
- Contact Sprays. Contact insecticides for spider control must be sprayed on spiders or spiders webs you observe. However, spiders prefer covered, secluded areas and it can be sometimes not easy to reach them in these locations with a contact spray.
- Aerosol Sprays. Aerosol sprays to eliminate spiders can be safely used in garages, basements and in places where you always find spiders’ webs. When it comes to controlling large infestations of spiders, these sprays are really effective.
- Web Eliminators. Web eliminators can be used as contact pesticides and applied to paint, metal, brick, wood and other surfaces. The product can be used in and around homes, schools, offices, etc. The product is ready to use, it’s not a concentrate.
If you observe spiders or webs in your locations, spraying with web eliminator directly on spiders and their webs will be an effective solution.
To exterminate spider infestations it is recommended to contact a professional. Special pest control companies have safe and effective pest control programs and use the safest products for the house and environment.
Spider exterminators will help you to:
- put an end to the spiders problem,
- get rid of poisonous spiders,
- provide automatic treatment around the house.
Natural spider killer plants and repellents
There are many plants that repel spiders from leaves, flowers, and soil. Garlic, conkers, cilantro, Osage hedge balls, and eucalyptus are useful spider repellent plants that can be effectively used to repel outdoor and indoor spider infestations. The dried seeds of cilantro will be helpful in repelling spider mites from the garden. And chestnuts placed near doors and windowsills will protect your house from spiders that want to come inside.
If you don’t want to use pesticides that can be harmful and toxic for the environment, there is a natural alternative to this. Create natural spider repellents at home.
Below there are some natural repellent’s recipes everyone can easily make at home:
- Create garlic repellant by putting two or three cloves of garlic in a spray bottle. Use this natural spray when needed.
- Repell spiders with peppermint oil mixed with water. Apply the repellent along window sills, doors and other locations and areas used by spiders for coming inside the house.
Use blended tomato leaves mixed with water. Take the liquid to the refrigerator and use when needed.Natural spider repellents are non-toxic and can be sprayed anywhere.
- Citronella repels not only mosquitoes but spiders as well. Lemon dish soap and 5 drops of citronella mixed with water is a perfect natural spider repellent. Spray the areas with this solution, and the house will be spider-free.
- Have you got any citronella candles at home? Burn a few of them in the rooms where spiders are often noticed. Spiders hate citronella smell and will avoid the places with such things.
- Tobacco and lemon mixture is another great organic solution to eliminate spiders. Use this repellent and eliminate crawling pests in a fast way.
Use natural spider repellent during the season when spiders like to crawl in the house. In this case, it will work like treatment.
Apply the product around the doors and windows.
Another simple and effective method to make your property more spider proof is to buy plug-in spider repellers. The device should be plugged into a plug socket and switched on.
Ultrasonic sound waves are very uncomfortable for spiders as they affect their nervous system. These electronic sounds will make them leave the room.
What’s more, they are safe for humans and pets and won’t affect your electrical devices.
Spider killer spray
You can buy spider killer sprays at special shops.Such sprays are used for spraying the needed perimeter of the house or baseboards to protect the house against incoming pests. These products are also great for killing the pests in landscaped locations of the yard including retaining walls, rocks, etc. An invisible layer of protection created by the spider killer spray will become your real line of defense.
- Spray the outside foundation of the home;
- spray cracks and crevices, around window frames, garage entry ways, etc., to protect all entry ways into your house.
When it comes to natural spider killer sprays you can do it at home.
Spiders dislike the taste of tree tea oil and neem oil. Purchase these oils at a local health store.
To make this effective repellent spray:
- add two tablespoons of dish soap into warm water;
- add 5 drops of tree tea oil and 1 oz. of neem oil.
The ingredients should be mixed together and poured into a spray bottle. Sprinkle the locations where you have noticed spiders.
This spider repellent recipe is safe for small children and pets.
Insecticides and electronic repellents to eliminate spiders
There are many superior insecticides available in garden centers and stores. Their active ingredients can effectively attack the spider’s nervous system.
You can purchase dust, powder or liquid insecticides.
Spiders like to use hard to reach locations. Spider control will be really difficult if you aren’t able to access these areas.
However, with correct products and tools crack and crevice treatment becomes easy. A wide variety of dust insecticides allows people to treat crevices in a fast way.
This type of insecticides is ideal for spot treatments and prevention of spiders. Spot treatment can be focused inside and outside the home and in those areas where spiders’ infestation is quite visible.
If you need spider control product for creating a perimeter barrier around your property, then liquid insecticide is a great solution. Liquid insecticides products should be mixed with some water and then used for covering big areas, cracks, and crevices.
Some of them are recommended for outdoor use like Temprid SC and there are such ones that can be used for both outdoor and indoor use like Talstar P.
It is recommended to protect yourself with a mask, a pair of gloves and goggles when applying any dust insecticides or liquid insecticide concentrates inside or outside the house.
Purchase a basic safety kit that is made up of all the necessary products. In this way you will be able to protect your eyes, skin, and clothing from dust, debris and harmful chemicals.
Electronic spider repellents effectiveness
Want to use safer devices? Then you can try electronic spider repellents that are very popular these days. There are indoor and outdoor electronic repellents with night or flash light.
Below there are advantages of using these repellents:
- Due to electromagnetic waves the device forces spiders to leave the area.
- Electronic repellents do not include chemical substances. You can widely use them at homes, hotels, supermarkets, garages, etc.
See how to get rid of house spiders and stop puzzling over this problem. They aren’t worth your attention!
Wondering how to get rid of spiders in the house? Check this out. The best tips that will help you start living, without having to worry about the nasty guests in your residence.
Thousands of people just like you try to get rid of frightening spiders. With the help of spider repellents, you can give yourself a chance to make your life safer and spider-free. You don’t need to hire expensive exterminators or resort to spraying pesticides.
Act now and ward off all spiders’ species with the help of effective, safe and natural products.
You can find further details of Spiders Control here.