For how long have you been trying to eliminate ants from your house? When the process takes weeks or months, you should address more radical options.
Here “radical” doesn’t mean anything poisonous to people or dangerous to pets. “Radical” stands for something more efficient and working. Luckily, ant traps with various baits are the tools that can be trusted.
Read and find out more about their components and methods of work, duration of results and efficiency. We are going to provide substantial information on their use and safety. After you get acquainted with the options you have, you will be ready to choose the type that works best for your house. Ant Traps for Home Use That Really Work →
Pavement ants, or house ants, are found all over the U.S. and can attack your property throughout the year. They got their name due to their habit of nesting in lawns, under pavement slabs (e.g. driveways, sidewalks), building foundations, stones or debris.
Though these insects are not destructive to dwellings, they can be rather annoying. Best Ant Control Methods to Eliminate Pavement Ants You Sure Want to Know →
If you suspect ant nests in your house, you have to react fast and efficient to find out how to detect and how to get rid of carpenter ants as soon as possible, since this kind of ants is known to be one of the most difficult insects to remove from the dwelling.
These pests tunnel through house walls and can be very destructive. Carpenter ants invasion is a very frequent problem which strikes fear into house owners hearts.
Fortunately, there exist trusted ants removing methods which can give you peace of mind. In this article we are going to dwell upon the best methods of fighting with annoying insects →
What Traps to Set? They say that one should find out how to get rid of sugar ants by all means. It seems strange that such small insects can cause great problems. Don’t people exaggerate? Are ants really so dangerous? Sugar ants eat everything: meat,…
Continue reading →
Preventive Measures to Take and Repellents to Use When it comes to pest extermination, not all people know how to get rid of ants in the house. It seems that these insects know numerous ways to get in your house: holes in walls, floor and…
Continue reading →
At some stage every household faces the problem with ants that are coming into the kitchen, and that’s why he/she is trying to find out how to get rid of ants. A small army of nasty insects appears due to many factors, so if you think that you can prevent its occurrence, you can hope, but don’t be absolutely sure.
Regardless of the reason that provoked ants’ occurrence, they become a real problem for all homeowners, and knowing how to get rid of ants’ army, you’ll manage to repel it in a few days.
6 Rules of Keeping Ants away
Why do ants come into one’s home? Their main target is food, and as they are mostly attracted by sticky and sweet substances, you should better not allow your children leave tea and juice down on the bottom of a cup.
Entering the house ants start looking for food, so you are to keep to six rules to ensure there is no food source available in your house:
- Clear away liquid and food spillages immediately.
- Always cover the food you leave in the kitchen.
- Ensure that all the rubbish bins you have in your house have tightly sealed lids.
- Clean food debris that is usually found under kitchen appliances.
- After the pet has finished eating, clear away its food immediately.
- Keep compost covered and enclosed.
Why Natural Remedies?
If it happened so that you became one of those people, who would like to know how to get rid of ants as they keep you busy all the time and spoil the food in your house, you are to refuse using chemicals. Though they are definitely effective, they are not completely safe. If you have kids, elder people and pets in your house, they can easily get hurt. Chemicals may cause severe allergic reactions and even lead to hospitalization.
So, how do I get rid of ants? Instead of chemicals, more and more people are switching to various homemade remedies. They are effective enough to tackle ant attacks, and safe enough to cause no complications.
Beside all the stuff mentioned above, home remedies are cheap, so using them one kills two birds with one stone: saves money and gets rid of pests.
10 Natural Options that Help to Get Rid of Ants
You are going to be surprised to find out that there are tens of types of ants that can penetrate your house. If you are ready to refuse from poisonous sprays and powders, here are some safe homemade remedies to use:
- Vinegar. This is a highly effective method of getting rid of ants. Spraying vinegar on the ant’s entry paths, you are spreading a very strong scent that repells ants, making them avoid it. Make sure you cover all the corners and areas, including those of counter tops, sink and windows. Let the vinegar dry well. Though classic vinegar is widely-used for these purposes, apple cider vinegar is not less effective. All you should do is mix it with water in equal amounts and use a spray bottle.
- Mint. It’s high time you started drinking mint tea, as used mint tea bags are pretty effective in driving ants away. Just put bags at the points from where you think ants enter. If you don’t drink mint tea, use mint leaves. Dry them and crush into powder. Sprinkle the powder at the entry points.
- Table salt. This is the best and the cheapest way to get rid of ants. Boil water and add salt to it. Pour salty water into a spray bottle and spread in places, where you usually see the ants.
- Pepper. It is as effective as salt. Both cayenne and black pepper work wonders. Mixing pepper with water, spray it on ants, and soon they all will disappear.
- Soap. This is the item everyone has. The components of soap are very harmful to all types of ants. They break down in waxy layers of the pests’ exoskeleton, causing dehydration. Mix soap with water and spray it in the entry points.
- Citrus. Lemon is the most effective fruit in case of ants’ invasion. Mix some lemon juice with water and then spray it all around the areas, where the ants are. This is one of the most optimal remedies that help to get rid of ants.
- Cucumber. Ants can’t stand its taste. So, if you can’t stand ants, cucumber is your helping hand. Take a cucumber and cut it into pieces. Place pieces in ant-affected areas. Pretty soon they’ll leave your house.
- Baby powder. Use it wherever you see the ants. Sprinkle it around, as these pests hate scented talcum and try to stay away from it.
- Cornmeal. Take cornmeal and spread it over the affected areas. Though this ingredient is absolutely safe, ants cannot digest it and die.
- Perfume. Buy a very strong perfume and soak cotton balls in it. Keep a few of them in affected areas. As ants cannot tolerate the perfume, they will stay away from the place, where it is present.
If you are looking for possible ways how to get rid of ants, use any of these methods or try several of them. When one method fails, another one will be very effective. Clean out ants and prevent them from entering your house once again.