How to Deal with Stray Cats’ Problems: Efficient Cat Repelling Plan
Stray cats can cause huge damage to your plants and wildlife. They will leave offensive scent markings to mark the territory and prey upon birds and wildlife.
Keeping destructive cats out of your property and preventing damage is possible with a special repelling plan. The article will offer solutions to stop nuisance cats from using your lawn or garden as a litter box and from causing great damage to your plants, grass and trees. We’ll help you to choose the best stray cat repellent solution for the best long-term results.
How to repel destructive stray cats with distasteful-to-them repellents
Are you really interested in how to quickly get rid of cats? It is not a secret – cats are extremely territorial, so keeping them out of garden or yard areas can be a bit puzzling. Cats will mark your outdoor space by urinating and depositing pheromones from their scent glands. If your yard or lawn has been frequented by stray cats, the first thing you are to do is to remove cats’ feces.
Want to stop stray cats from using your nice yard? You can eliminate any cat in your yard by using repellents. As far as these animals are very habitual by nature they will be successfully repelled if you will use several forms of discouragement.
For long-term cat control, using multiple repellents at once is the best solution.
Cats’ sense of smell is fifteen times that of a human’s. These animals are a walking nose. Due to many evolutionary impulses cats have strong likes and dislikes.
Here are citrus smells – cats hate – that can effectively repel them:
Cats can’t stand citrus fruits because they are toxic to them if ingested. So you can use these repellent fragrances as cats’ repellents.
Spicy scents can also be used as cats’ repellents. They hate the smell mustard and hot or cayenne pepper, and with good reason. Such peppers contain very-toxic-to-cats capsaicin.
Cayenne pepper is what sends stray cats running. Therefore many people use it as an outdoor cat control repellent for their yards and gardens. However this can be very harmful to cats. We suggest using organic granular repellents that you can sprinkle to create a working barrier around your yard, garden or lawn.
You can apply cat granules in any area that you don’t want stray cats to cross like: gardens, porches, barns yards, flowerbeds, lawns, garages.
What to buy:
Critter Ridder – unique solution that sends cats running. The solution is derived from 3 hot peppers that irritate cat’s senses of smell, taste and touch After a couple of visits, cats associate this irritation sensation with your garden, yard or lawn and learn to stay away.
Price: $12.00 for 1.25 lbs
Defense: 1 application of the solution lasts up to thirty days. For more protection you can spot-treat grass areas and more with just a sprinkle.
Where to sprinkle the solution: around the perimeter of your flowerbeds or along yard pathways.Cats communicate through scent spraying to mark the territory.
- Cat and Dog Granular Repellent by Havahart – uses specialized formula that effectively repels cats without harming them. The scent and taste of this solution irritate cats, causing these destructive animals to avoid the protected location.
Price: $7.99 for 1 lb
Defense: 1 application of Cat and Dog Repellent provides up to sixty days of powerful protection.
- Small cat control repellent by Sweeney’s – effectively repels cats. Used to create a special barrier around gardens, lawns, foundations, pools etc. The product creates naturally distasteful-to-cats smell.
- Ropel Granules – great for nuisance cats, designed to stop animals from leaving their feces around your property. The product neutralizes cats’ odors, so animals are not attracted to scenting spots. The smell of Ropel is irritating to stray cats. That’s why they will move along looking for another more convenient place to stalk.
To achieve the best results: Replace Ropel every couple of months.
- Grant’s Dog and Cat Repellent – releases odor, cats don’t like. You can use Grant’s Granules anywhere cats are crossing into your yard. This may be along tree line, flower bedding or hedge row. Be sure to apply granules where cats are most likely to travel.
- Shake Away Cat Control Repellent Granules – creates the illusion that predators like coyotes and foxes are present on your property which causes cats leave the area. Only a few shakes and the cats are repelled.
- Dog and Cat B Gone – stops nasty cats from spraying, bedding and foraging and delivers long lasting performance.
Natural cat repellents: Organic cat control
Most gardeners know that using chemicals and such homemade repellents like cayenne pepper or mothballs can hurt cats.
However to keep these animals out of yards you can use gentle but effective DIY cat repellents like:
- Citrus peels – just cut up some good lemons, grapefruits and oranges. Spread around your yard or garden or sew peels into cloth sachets and place in problem areas.
- Vinegar and soap solution – you are to mix 1 cup vinegar, 1 cup liquid soap and 1 cup water. Remember – the proportions should be equal.
- Citronella oil mixture – Make an outdoor spray by combining twenty drops of eucalyptus oil, one quart of water and twenty drops of lemon oil. Shake the repellent mixture, then use around areas you want destructive cats to stay away.
Cat control repellent plants
Plants that cats hate is another repelling alternative. By incorporating not-attractive-to-cats plants in your garden you can easily resolve your cat problems.
We recommend planting such plants around the perimeter of your lawn or garden as:
- Scaredy-cat plant.
Top 4 effective cat control repellent sprays
Today’s market offers a variety of working cat deterrent and repellent solutions that can help to prevent damage from stray cats.
If you want to prevent cats from eating your garbage or plants, digging in your yard and stretching at trees, spray liquid repellents – sprays – onto outdoor surfaces, such as:
- Trash bags,
- Garbage cans,
Here is what you can use to keep nasty stray cats out of your property:
Cat Stopper by Messina Wildlife – pleasant-smelling, spray cat control repellent that can be used on all shrubs, flowers and other areas stray cats use to leave their droppings or bed down.
You can use it: indoors or out.
Safety: Made of organic ingredients. Convenient, safe and efficient to use around your veggies and fruits.Garbage is one of the best food sources for stray cats.
If you want to deter nasty cats from dining on your garbage, spray your waste containers and trash bags frequently.
- Dog and Cat repellent by I Must Garden – organic, natural cat repellent made of botanical and other oils. Spray the repellent on the areas – garden beds, trees, trees, flowerbeds, shrubs – where stray or neighbors’ cats don’t belong.
- Critter Ridder New Animal Repellent with Nitroplus – improved formula that includes more powerful active ingredients against nuisance cats. A few visits is really all it will take to condition cats to avoid your outdoor space.
Benefits: This is the only cat repellent that has the power to restore vegetation. Not only you can repel cats from your garden and lawn but also encourage your plants growth with 1 easy-to-use formula. New Critter Ridder delivers nutrients to your plants and grass and effectively repels destructive stray cats.
- Ropel Repellent – an odorless spray with a bad-to-cats taste. If you have a house, tree or fence which destructive stray cats use to sharpen their claws, Ropel Spray is the best solution to stop them. The product tastes terrible, so the cats will quickly leave the treated territory.
Cat odor problems
The smell stray cats can leave around your property is offensive. This happens when they are active and leave scent trails on flower beds or trees.
Another problem is when this smell lures other cats which in its turn add their scent. What’s more the smell gets worse after the rain.
The following stray cats’ behavior can be a problem:
- Cats pooping on your property;
- Male cats spraying, leaving strong foul odor;
- Flea infestation.
Solution – to remove cat smell outside we suggest using the following:
- Quick Action – a clear spray solution which can be sprayed to remove cats’ odor. Just spray about anywhere a cat has gone to neutralize the odor.
Price: $10.00 for 32 oz.
- Deodorizer Epoleon – water based odor destroyer that works well at killing cat smells, urine and feces. The product is safe and organic.
Best cat control repellent solution
If you want to make your cat removal successful, the best way to do it is by using dual area protection. We suggest using Critter Ridder Dual Protection Bundle, which will surely help you with feral cats’ problems.
You can purchase the combination of these two effective repellents for $31.99. The product is effectively used by homeowners, farmers, gardeners and animal control professionals.
The best repellent for cat control is the one that targets both senses of taste and scent.
Repellents with pepper-based ingredients are really proven to repel nuisance cats in this way.
Why Critter Ridder combination is effective: Solid and liquid Critter Ridder cat control repellent is the best combination to protect your property from nasty cats. With the help of liquid Critter Ridder repellent you will effectively protect such surfaces like sheds and garbage cans. The solid solution will help you to create a special cat control barrier around your yard, lawn or mulch.
2 Modes of Defense: The combination of both products creates a great defense against feral cats. Just spray liquid solution directly onto your plants, soil, trash or areas where you see signs of cat activity. Create a barrier with granules along lawns, flower beds or pathways and the work is done. Discomfort brought upon by organic Critter Ridder solution will make cats unwilling to return.
Removing stray cats is not easy. But you can always discourage these nuisance animals by using repellents. Placing natural repellents like the peel of some citrus fruit, spraying liquid repellents and sprinkling granules around your home can effectively remove unwanted critters.
You can find further details of Cats Control here.