Different Types of Reliable Bed Bug Powder Killer
Once you have confirmed habitation of bedbugs in your home, begin the process of elimination with bed bug powder treatments. Remove your bedding and any other items such as clothes and seat covers that may contain hidden critters. After that, get a bed bug powder killer. Most bed bug powders do not contain any toxic chemicals and are safe to use around kids and pets in the home. Before sprinkling bed bug powder around your home, read the label to understand the mode of application. Once bed bugs encounter the powder, it works by layering the top outer part of the bug and consequently killing them through dehydration.
Finding an Effective
The market has numerous methods and processes of elimination bed bug infestation. Some people prefer natural methods such as steaming the infested fabrics or tea tree oil for bedbug removal.
If your house has numerous bed bugs, it means that there could be thousands of eggs laying more bugs by the hour. In such a situation, you can hire a professional team of pest exterminators to treat the infested areas with an effective bed bug powder. Alternatively, you can also perform a complete baking soda for bed bugs powder treatment on your own, as this is a safe and natural method to use privately.
Most common bed bug powders are non-hazardous and are safe to use near children and pets, but lethal to the bed bugs. Powder treatment is simple to use. It kills bed bugs through drying out.
The process of eradicating bed bugs is extremely arduous. When you home in heavily infested, your family members suffer from sleepless nights due to constant biting from the menacing critters. Boric acid for bedbugs has proved to be one of the most reliable methods of bug removal. Boric acid powder is made from boron; a mined raw material and water.
Boric acid is absorbed into the bug’s system, and the poisonous substance kills the nervous system paralyzing the bug. Most appropriate to use in residential homes, commercial buildings and office buildings.
Tempo Ultra powder is made from a pyrethroid and has 80-100% efficacy in eliminating bed bugs. Tempo bed bug powder provides a fast kill and leaves a residual that lingers for up to 30 days which keeps killing the bugs. Tempo powder has a no odor and leaves a clear residue.
Tempo is a moist powder concentrate mixed with water and used with a hand pump sprayer. Once applied, Tempo Ultra dries up leaving a residual of the active ingredient for bedbugs to make contact with for up to 90 days. Tempo powder is a better outdoor treatment as a rapid killer on crawling insects. Tempo powder leaves a white film that’s visible in dark places.
To mix Tempo powder:
- Fill your sprayer bottle halfway with water.
- Add a considerable amount of the powder and allow it to dissolve for about two minutes.
- Shake your applicator to agitate the entire powder content into a smooth liquid mixture.
- Use this mixture around surfaces, cracks, and holes in the structures such as beds and furniture in your home.
- Reapply every seven days until all the bugs die out.
- Also, apply in areas where bed bugs find shelter behind landscapes, wall hangings or in the curtain box.
Tempo Powder is also ideal for commercial properties such as hotels and restaurants, public buses, cafes, hospitals and residential homes.
This insecticide rapidly kills bed bugs, fleas and many more pests around the home or public set up. It contains Diatomaceous Earth powder and has a lasting residual control.
Place all the infected clothing and beddings inside the Hot Shot Bedbug Treatment equipment. Seal all these items securely inside the kit’s huge plastic bag for seven days to kill the critters at all stages.
For areas with intense bed bug infestations, a fogger may come in handy. Dismantle the bed, and prop the mattress high against the wall. Treat the entire room including the mattress and close your room for at least 3 hours.
JT Eaton Bed Bug Powder deactivates the critters by attaching itself to the exterior of the insect, ultimately dehydrating and killing the bug.
The JT powder contains natural ingredients with zero resistant strains to this efficient and natural killer powder:
- It’s made from Diatomaceous Earth elements.
- It is purely organic – kills even resistant bedbugs.
- Kills for an indefinite period as long as it stays dry.
- Treat in all cracked areas around your walls to prevent bed bugs from laying their eggs.
Only One treatment is required as long as the surface remains dry.
Does Baby Powder Kill Bed Bugs?
Talcum baby powder provides a drying effect to bedbugs as an eliminator, but it does not have the potential to kill them entirely effectively. It offers a temporary relief but does not solve the bug problem. It is not as lethal as DE that dehydrates the critters more efficiently. Therefore, yes, baby powder may likely kill some bugs but not entirely.
To locate them quickly, unfold your mattress and furniture seams and places already smeared with your blood or the fecal residue left behind after a night of feasting.
Diatomaceous Earth powder is one of the most popular, effective bed bug powder killer in the market. It is organic and easily obtainable in stores. You can also use the powder to treat the bed bug infested areas in your home.
Bed bugs like to dwell in warm places and often prefer to fester in furniture, bedding, carpets, and clothing. They also prefer to hide in mattress crevices near the edge of the bed so that they can quickly attack their prey in the dark.
DE powder kills bed bugs by drying out the outer protective layer that covers the bedbug’s exoskeleton. Without the protective external layer, bed bugs die within a few hours out of dehydration.
DE powder acts as a treatment and a prevention formula for areas infested with bed bugs.
How to Use DE:
- Use an applicator to spread diatomaceous earth along in cracks, furniture along window seals and mattress seams, behind home appliances, and door jams.
- Safely Remove all electrical connections and use the applicator to spread the DE powder behind electrical outlets and switches.
- Treat your bedding and mattresses with a fine layer of DE and work spread it across the insides of your bedroom furniture and carpeting using your hands.
How To Use
Bed bug powders are the most commonly used treatments for bed bug control. As mentioned earlier, residual bed bug powders work by sticking on the bug’s oily exoskeleton, absorbing the moisture on their thorax and causing them to dry out and eventually die.
Prepare for the powder treatment by wearing safety gloves, and a dust nose mask and protective eye goggles. The bug powder emits huge smokes of dust, which may irritate your nose, eyes, and throat.
How to Apply Bed Bug Powder:
- Cut off the synthetic cover to expose the small opening.
- Turn the container upside down; make sure the nozzle tip is close to your target area of application.
- Give the powder treatment bottle a slow, gentle squeeze to avoid spilling hoards of powder in a huge puff.
- Repeat this exercise in short intervals to ensure the entire surface receives an even application.
Crack Powder Treatment
As discussed earlier, your powder application must focus on all the crevices and cracks in the infested rooms. Bugs like to hide in the most obscure places away from their prey. Carefully apply the powder treatment on baseboards, floorboards, carpeted areas near the floor edges where the bugs crawl on the way to the coveted prey. They are the transit spots for the notorious bed bugs, and the lethal bed bug powder best suits the delicate spots deep in those spaces that other treatments cannot easily reach.
Some active powder treatments, like the JT Eaton powder, have an inbuilt applicator for easier manipulation.
There are numerous dust treatments with built-in nozzles. The best part about using a professional bed bug powder applicator is that it releases tiny amounts of powder; as opposed to the large amounts released with regular bottle powders without a custom-made nozzle.
Wall Voids and Other Critter Hideouts
Bed bugs also hide within walls, underneath warm appliances, and in furniture joints mainly wooden furniture. Before using any powder treatment, read the label to follow the strict application instructions. To reach the deep walls, unscrew the faceplates and apply a generous amount of powder behind electrical faceplates, and the light switches. This treatment method is an ideal way to trap the bed bugs hidden deep into the wall, crawling between rooms in your home.
Stores to Buy Bed Bug Killer Powder
- Walmart stores have a variety of bed bug killer solutions from powders, sprays to bed bug and flea floggers, among other insecticides known to kill bed bugs instantly. At Walmart, you will find bed bug powders such as the HotShot Bed bug Powder.
- Walgreens stocks Harris range of bed bug powder killers and also Hotshot bed bug and flea flogger.
- On Amazon, the most popular brand of bed bug powder killer is the JT Eaton Bedbug Insect Powder. It’s most preferred for the harmful but human safe ingredient DE, which comes in a 7-Ounce container.
According to the most commonly used bedbug killers, customers reviewed Harris DE Powder and JT Eaton Bed Bug killer.
Here is what customers thought about these two products:
- One customer on Amazon praised the Harris DE powder because it cured her bed bug headache within two weeks of applying the product. She combined the powder treatment with steaming and hot drying all the infested bedding. After the cleanup, she sprinkled the DE powder along the mattress seam and bed crevice.
- Darcy decided to try the JT Eaton Bed Bug powder when she discovered the crawling insects in her home. Within two days of receiving a parcel from Amazon, she sprinkled every inch of her bedroom and slept in the guest room for two weeks to let the critters die out completely.
- Martin found out through a friend of bed bugs dwelling in his tiny apartment. He first thoroughly steamed his bed, his sofas and all his clothing. After that, he bought the JT bed bug powder and sprinkled along all hidden places including the box spring, bed corners, and mattress seams. After two weeks, all the bugs disappeared. “What a great product!” Martin exclaimed.
The Most Preferred Best Bed Bug Powder by Users
JT Eaton, 203-4BG Bedbug Powder with D.E, is arguably the most preferred bed bug powder by most Amazon shoppers. It effectively kills tiny Bedbugs hidden in the most unusual places. JT Eaton Diatomaceous Earth powder is made from Freshwater. It kills bugs by absorbing the moisture on the critters bodies, leaving it to dry out and die. The powder killer comes in a Puff bottle designed with a thin nozzle for easy application.
Bed bugs can crawl on several other places besides your bed. Couches, cushions, upholstery even on your floor rags, all possible hiding places. If the invasion has spread severely in your home, call pest control professionals to exterminate the infestation and provide guidance on future preventative methods.
You can find further details of Bed Bugs Control here.